Queer Torah Class
Saturdays, 2pm on Zoom
A weekly Torah class on Shabbat afternoons with a special emphasis on LGBTQ themes and lenses!
We are on break until June 4th, after which time we will be doing a focused study on the book Nice Racism by Robin Diangelo. Reach out to Autumn with questions.
What to expect:
- Our class discusses the weekly torah portion in an open format- folks love to bring their own ideas, articles they found, stories it reminds them of.
- Most of the time we study as a group discussion of about 6-10 people.
- We have folks of all ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, abilities. Lots of us are neurodiverse, and we have folks from all over the world.
- The class is primarily facilitated by Autumn Dennis, but we hope to have a rotation of facilitators!
- You can drop in an out of the class as much as you like, read as much or as little for class as you like, and participate as much or as little as you like.
- Before we begin each class, we check in with each other to see what each of us needs from our learning that day- maybe we are having a low energy day, maybe we’re not feeling talkative, maybe we need to have our cameras off. All of that is okay!
- Our class ethos is that we are making our own queer Torah together!
Contact Autumn Dennis for questions.
(Note: You do not need to identify as LGBTQ to attend.)