Upcoming Class: Sunday, February 28th – 10:00 am
Click Here to Register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrcOmgrj8oHNYgE1xCS6JxUorS86tVD7Sf
Jew-“ish” Recipe: Balaboosta Boards
Learn to make beautiful Jewish Grazing Boards through the year that wow your guests or make
your own family feel like every day is a celebration! This specific board will feature Israeli Salatim
(salads) for Shabbat. Salatim Selection – Sesame Beets, Muhammara (roasted red pepper dip), Homemade Hummus.
Meet our CRC Chef: Suzanne Epstein-Lang
Suzanne is an attorney, social worker, wife, mom and crafter with a lifelong
passion for eating and entertaining!
- 1 pound beets
- 3 lemons
- 3 red bell peppers
- 6 cloves of garlic (or 6 teaspoons minced) scallions
- Any vegetables you prefer for crudites (cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, green beans, peppers, asparagus, etc)
- From your spice cabinet: cider vinegar, sesame seeds, sugar, honey, baking soda, cumin, red chili pepper flakes, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (or 2 cans)
- 1 1/2 c walnuts
- Any pita (I prefer Cham) or crackers you prefer
- Assorted Nuts and Olives (OPTIONAL)
- Dried Fruits or Fresh Berries (OPTIONAL)
- A food processor or blender (small ones work!)
- A presentation board– truly could be anything from a cookie sheet to a cutting board to the bottom of a cardboard box!
- Three small dishes for presenting the items we make (if you don’t have matching ones, no problem–rinse out old jelly jars or tuna tins–mason jars work too)
We hope you’ll plan to ZOOM & join us! We welcome you to simply watch or to cook along with us!
“ The secret ingredient is always love! ”